Maid of honor speeches follow the best man’s speech. Men will normally talk about some funny or embarrassing stories and their speeches usually sound more like roasts than tributes. Regardless of what the best man says, maid of honor speeches have a special role. First of all, the idea of maid of honor speeches is to flatter the bride. The best man may get to speak first but maid of honor speeches come last, which means that your words are the last thing the wedding party will hear (before the next round of speeches at least). This is why your speech should always end with a positive and uplifting perspective on marriage.
Just because you want to flatter the bride in maid of honor speeches, that doesn’t mean you can’t be funny. One of the best topics for maid of honor speeches is embarrassing stories. Of course, they shouldn’t be too embarrassing and should always be appropriate. Your job is to tie these stories together with the bigger picture, i.e. the wedding day. For example, you can talk about what the bride’s idea of a dream guy was when she was 15. Then, make a funny comparison to the actually groom. You can also take the sentimental approach in a number of ways, like talking about how the bride is always there for her friends and family.
Outlines of maid of honor speeches can be really helpful when you organize your ideas. Generally, all maid of honor speeches start with a brief introduction, tell a personal story about the bride, talk about marriage and how great the couple is together and then end in best wishes. You can also add poems and quotes to make a powerful statement. Some people prefer to be spontaneous and wait until the wedding day before making their speeches. This approach is okay for some but you are usually better off with some careful planning. Make notes about memories you have with the bride, starting several weeks before the wedding. Choice just one of these memories and work it into the speech outline.
Maid of honor speeches should be brief and to the point. You do not want to bore anyone with never-ending babble, especially since the wedding party will have to listen to many speeches that day. Most importantly, a maid of honor speech should be from your heart. Just follow your instincts and you will tribute the bride and the marriage union.Category: Maid of Honor Speech, Maid Of Honor Speeches, Wedding Speech, Wedding Speeches, Wedding Toasts
While reading sample father of the bride speeches, try to find which ones feel right for you. It isn’t just a matter of finding a sample speech which feels powerful, but finding a father of the bride speech which sums up your emotions. For men, these speeches can be really difficult because they tend to be so emotional. As we know, sentiment can be hard for most men to express- even if it is on your daughter’s wedding day. That is why humorous father of bride speeches go over so well. Here is a short sample father of bride speech to get your mind going.
“This is a very important moment for my bank account. I finally get to hand over my daughter’s spending habits to another man- and he is willing! It is a good thing his parents were willing too or else we wouldn’t have had such a nice ceremony and lovely meal. Seriously, thanks to Groom’s parents for helping with the wedding preparations.
I have dreamt of this moment for years, even though it sometimes felt more like a nightmare. Never did I imagine a guy could be good enough for my lovely daughter. I imagine that Bride also felt the same. If she is willing to suck down her standards, then I can too. Even though I had my doubts about Groom at first, he has proven himself a wonderful man and a true rare breed. I know that Bride and Groom will be happy together.
Getting married is a big commitment- usually joined by the bond of a mortgage. Over time, the mortgage shrinks and the marriage grows rich. Judging from the size of a mortgage that Bride and Groom have already taken out, they are on their way to a future wealthy in happiness.
Since I can see Uncle John over there eyeing his drink, I will cut it short. Let us stand and join to together in welcoming the new couple. Raise your drinks everyone. I give you…the bride and groom!”Category: Father Of The Bride Speeches, Father Of The Bride Wedding Speeches, Wedding Speech, Wedding Speeches, Wedding Toasts
There are so many different styles of wedding maid of honor speeches. Whether you choose to be funny, sentimental, or do something creative like sing a song is up to you. The bride chose you to be the maid of honor because you know her best. This means that you will be considerate when giving the speech. While there is no right or wrong style for wedding maid of honor speeches, there are some basic rules you should follow.
1. Keep you speech short. This is the most important rule for wedding maid of honor speeches and also the rule which most people forget. You will want to really do the bride justice and honor her properly, which is why maid of honor speeches can sometimes run on way too long. Do not forget that the wedding party has to hear many speeches throughout the day. If yours is too long, they will tune out and miss all your thoughtful words.
2. Do not embarrass anyone. It is okay to tell funny stories but you do not want to humiliate anyone. Keep in mind that the bride and groom’s families are at the reception. Even if a story may not be embarrassing for the bride when she’s amongst friends, it may be too much in front of her grandmother. You can tease the groom but keep it at a minimum. Wedding maid of honor speeches should also never insult the bride’s family.
3. Be yourself. This rule applies to all speech making. Do not try to be humorous in your speech if it doesn’t come naturally to you. Likewise, do not attempt too much sentiment if you are more of a witty person.
4. Focus on the bride. Wedding maid of honor speeches are meant to flatter the bride. The groom already got his turn during the best man’s speech. While it is perfectly appropriate to tell stories and talk about the bride and groom’s relationship, you will want to keep the attention on how great the bride is and how lucky the groom is to have her.
5. Do not stress out. This is easier said than done when it comes to making wedding maid of honor speeches. You can ease the public speaking jitters by preparing ahead of time, practicing your speech and bringing note cards with you to the reception.Category: Maid of Honor Speech, Maid Of Honor Speeches, Wedding Speech, Wedding Speeches
If you are looking at father of the bride wedding speech examples, it is probably because you are at a loss for what you should say on the big day. The good news is, if you are reading this, then you are already working on the most important aspect: preparation. You probably have lots of strong emotions about giving your daughter away. The key is to organize these thoughts into a short, clear and powerful speech. An outline can be really helpful for this and looking at father of the bride wedding speech examples will give you a good idea of how to approach the speech. Here is our father of the bride speech outline with mix and match examples.
• As the father of the bride, I want to thank for joining us in sharing the union of Jane and John.
• Ladies and gentlemen, it is with pleasure that I see you made it here today to join us in celebrating the marriage of Jane to John.
• I’d really like to thank John’s parents for helping us organize such a wonderful ceremony and lovely meal.
• Jane and John did a great job preparing for the wedding. If the outcome of their hard work is any sign of how their marriage will go, then it will be a beautiful union.
3: The bride
• When Jane told me of her engagement, I felt like I was losing my little girl. Looking at her here today, I know that she will always be my daughter who I love and cherish.
• Jane is many things in life- a (sister, student, secretary, philanthropist, etc). Of all of these, she has never been as beautiful as she is today as a bride.
4: Welcome the groom
• I never thought that a man would be good enough for my Jane. I am happy to say that John comes pretty close!
• I always worried about having to give away my daughter. Now that I have come to know John, I am sure that my daughter is in capable hands.
5: Advice/Comments about Marriage
• Marriage is about two people sharing their lives together- through the good and the bad. It takes hard work and lots of compromise. I know that Jane and John will persevere to make a beautiful union.
• To marry is a huge commitment which has ups and downs. I am proud that Jane and John decided to take the plunge together. I know they will not drown, but surface together strong.
• Ladies and gentlemen, please stand…I give you the bride and groom!
• Please raise your glasses. It is with honor that I give you the bride and groom.
Maid of honor wedding speeches examples are meant to help you tribute the bride. Every speech should have its own style which reflects your personality and relationship with the bride. That is why maid of honor wedding speeches shouldn’t ever be copied exactly. Rather, you should use the examples as inspiration and to help you decide on your approach to the speech. Here are two short maid of honor wedding speeches examples to help you get started.
My name is ____. Though, I think most of you know me as the girl responsible for corrupting (bride). I met the bride when we were in just kindergarten and, despite my best efforts, she still turned out a level-headed person of true beauty. Even way back then, (bride) was the type of person who would share her crayons with you and give you the best snacks from her lunch. As we got older, this side of her blossomed even more. While the rest of us were being screw ups in high school, (bride) was the one who would yell at us for sneaking cigarettes and remind us to come home before curfew. Sure, (bride) and I did get into some mischief but I would rather not tell those stories and preserve her good image. Plus, I do not think (mom’s name) and (dad’s name) ever found out about those times.
When (bride) first started to date (groom), I was very condescending of him at first. After all, it takes a really exceptional guy to deserve a beautiful, compassionate person like (bride). I finally started to cave in and even started liking (groom) after I realized how happy he makes (bride). (Bride) is still the type of who would give her crayons to anyone and this worried me. However, I learned that (groom) is the type of guy who will share the crayons in order to make a beautiful picture with (bride). I have had the privilege of seeing their relationship grow over the years. (Groom), you are really getting a good catch with (bride). And, even though I doubted you at first, I know you will be a good husband to (bride).
On this big day, I think I speak for us all when I wish you two a long, prosperous life together.Category: Maid of Honor Speech, Maid Of Honor Speeches, Wedding Speech, Wedding Speeches
Wedding maid of honor speeches can take many directions. You may want to focus on humorous anecdotes from the bride’s past, talk about the importance of marriage from a religious perspective, or talk about how great the couple is together. There are so many different maid of honor speech topics but all speeches follow the basic same structure. No matter what approach you take to the wedding maid of honor speech, you can follow this outline to help you organize your thoughts.
1. Every speech should begin with a couple short sentences explaining who you are.
2. Thank the bride for giving you the honor of being the maid of honor.
3. You can mention why you accepted the challenge of giving a maid of honor speech.
Talk About the Bride
4. Tell a story about the bride which sums up her positive personality traits. Don’t tell any too embarrassing stories and stay to clean topics. This story should be tied back to the couple and the big wedding day.
5. How did the couple meet? Do you remember anything the bride said when they first met/started dating?
6. When did the relationship become serious?
7. Talk about how great of a couple is together. Mention how they complement each other perfectly. This is a good opportunity to be humorous by talking about some funny bad habits.
The Wedding Ceremony
8. Whatever you mentioned about the bride must be tied into the bigger picture of married life. Talk about how you felt when you heard that the bride was getting married. This is a great way to change the speech topic.
9. Talk about how important wedding are. Make sure that you are giving a personal perspective but never be negative.
10. Read a quote or poem about the subject of relationships, love, and marriage. This quote can be funny or sentimental depending on the style you wish to take and what seems appropriate.
11. Tell how happy you are for the bride and groom.
12. Wish the couple success and all your best wishes.
13. Make a toast to the couple but only if the bride wants you to.
This is just an outline for the maid of honor speech. You can feel free to be creative with the structure in order to make a truly original maid of honor speech. Also, you can add and take away any subjects in the different categories. However, you always will want to make sure that there is a good flow to the speech which a tribute to the bride with the wedding ceremony taking place.Category: Maid of Honor Speech, Wedding Speech
The maid of honor speech is one of the most important duties you will have to the bride. It traditionally comes during the first half of the wedding reception right after the best man’s speech. You also may be expected to give a less format speech for the bridal shower, bachelorette party and the rehearsal dinner. The maid of honor speech is meant to be enthusiastic and supportive to the couple while focusing on the bride.
You will want to give a maid of honor speech which encompasses your emotions and experiences about the bride and really makes a heartfelt statement. However, you are also one of many speeches and you don’t want to bore your audience. You should keep your maid of honor speech brief while still allowing enough time to show that you care.
The most important thing about a maid of honor speech is that it is personal. You probably know the bride very well and have many endearing or funny stories that you can tell. It is important that you don’t just copy a wedding speech from the internet; these are meant for inspiration only.
A lot of maid of honor speeches take a humorous approach. There is no better way of connecting with the audience than making them laugh along with the bride and groom. However, there is a line that you shouldn’t cross. Make sure that all stories avoid topics like sex and aren’t too embarrassing. It is okay to make fun of the groom a bit but you should never insult any family members directly.
As with any speech, a maid of honor speech needs to reflect your personality. Don’t try to be a comedian if you aren’t naturally. Just be yourself and your natural feelings towards the bride will show through. A speech is always much more effective when it is sincere!
The most important thing to remember is not to stress too much. Preparation is the best remedy for this. Write your maid of honor speech ahead of time and practice it with an audience. You can bring notecards with the key phrases of your speech to the wedding. Never try to memorize a text word for word because you will end up sounding like a teleprompt and completely insincere.Category: Maid of Honor Speech, Wedding Speech
Maid of honor speech wedding toasts are one of the most important aspects of a wedding. The maid of honor follows the best man’s toast, which is usually humorous and makes some cracks about marriage. The goal of maid of honor speech wedding toasts is to flatter the bride and encourage the couple’s long and happy marriage together.
Since you want to do the bride justice, you should plan maid of honor wedding toasts ahead of time. Some natural-born speakers can do great with spontanaeity, but that is a small percentage of us. Take time to think of all your dearest or funniest memories of the bride. These can include her initial feelings about the groom, childhood antedotes, or funny habits that the groom will be living with. Make sure that these stories somehow lead up to the big wedding day. Bring note cards with the main points of your wedding toast. Never read a toast like a script but use the notes to keep you on track.
Be yourself when giving maid of honor wedding toasts. Many women think that their toasts must be very emotional just because the best man usually takes the comedic approach. If you are naturally witty, don’t worry about outshining the best man. The audience will be in for a treat. Just keep in mind that maid of honor wedding toasts should be clean and never too embarrassing. On the contrary side, don’t try to be funny if you aren’t a natural comedian.
You will want to do is decide when the maid of honor speech wedding toasts will take place. Normally, they are given once the guests have been seated and served drinks. However, this is open for change. The best man is traditionally the toastmaster but make sure that you and he check with the couple before scheduling your toasts. In your attempt to flatter the bride, don’t forget that the audience has to listen to many toasts throughout the day. Keep your speech brief and to the point.
Before you get stressed out planning the wedding toast, keep in mind that you know the bride best. Just go with your instincts and what you feel the bride would want for her special day. When it comes down to it, maid of honor speech wedding toasts are for the bride and not the audience. Tell her your hopes for a long, happy marriage and how happy you are for her in that moment.Category: Wedding Speech, Wedding Toasts
The maid of honor has the task of giving a speech which flatters the couple, is sentimental and, hopefully, not boring. Since the wedding party will be sitting through a long session of speeches, you may want to start out with a joke. This is a great way of connecting to the audience and breaking the ice for what may be a very emotional story. Maid of honor speech jokes should be clean (after all, the bride’s grandma is probably there!) and avoid the topic of divorce. Also keep in mind that maid of honor speech jokes can mildly insult the groom but the bride’s family is off limits. Some of the best maid of honor speech jokes are the ones that laugh at marriage, not a particular person. You can start with a funny quote by a person and then adding your own twist.
Rodney Dangerfield said, “My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.” For (bride) and (groom), the happiest part of their lives are just beginning…
Ben Franklin said, “Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards.” It looks like (bride)’s eyes have been shut since the proposal and let’s hope she never opens them!
Groucho Marx said, “I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.” Well, this jury is unanimous: it is a life sentence!
Sometimes the maid of honor speech jokes can be the speech itself. Try to think of a funny story about the bride. You can go back to childhood or college but make it personal and sincere. No matter what story you tell, you should be able to relate it back to marriage or the couple’s courtship. A good example is talking about a funny habit of the bride which the groom will have to live with. No maid of honor speech jokes should embarrass the bride too much. The idea is to get the bride and groom laughing along with the reception. Keep in mind that maid of honor speech jokes at the rehearsal can be much looser and casual. For the wedding toast though you will want to more formal. One of the best ways to test the waters is to rehearse your maid of honor speech jokes in front of an audience before the big day. With the right amount of preparation, the maid of honor should rise to the occasion and might even outshine the best man!Category: Maid of Honor Speech, Wedding Speech
The wedding maid of honor speech is one of the most important tasks that you will have to do. It is also the most difficult because the entire wedding party will be watching you! Traditionally, the wedding maid of honor speech comes after the best man’s speech sometime during the first half of the reception, before guests have begun to leave. While the best man focuses on the groom, your job with the wedding maid of honor speech is to flatter the bride and encourage the couple. Some women like to be spontaneous but most of us don’t have this natural gift for speech making. It is best to prepare the wedding maid of honor speech beforehand, especially since you want to do justice to the bride’s big day. Here are some tips for making a memorable and beautiful speech.
1. Think of stories about the bride or stories about when the bride and groom first met. Keep in mind that a wedding maid of honor speech needs to be appropriate. Don’t say anything too embarrassing and try to avoid topics like sex.
2. Talk about how great the bride and groom look together. Your job is to flatter the bride and talk about her great qualities.
3. Speak from your heart! You know the bride best so share your feelings and wishes for the couple. Don’t try to give a speech which isn’t characteristic of you. If you are a sentimental person, then stick to those themes. If you are more lighthearted, then feel free to be funny.
4. Keep the wedding maid of honor speech short. The party will have to listen to many different speeches and toasts throughout the day. You don’t want to bore anyone or end up babbling on and on.
5. Prepare ahead of time. Test out your speech with other people. If you are telling an embarrassing story, you should check with the bride first. Make a set of note cards to take with you to the reception. Don’t try to memorize the speech word for word though because you will end up sounding scripted and insincere.
6. Most importantly, don’t stress out. Just go by your instincts and everything will be okay. Just be yourself and express the feelings you have about the bride getting married. After all, you were chosen to be the maid of honor for a good reason!Category: Maid of Honor Speech, Wedding Speech