If you are looking at father of the bride wedding speech examples, it is probably because you are at a loss for what you should say on the big day. The good news is, if you are reading this, then you are already working on the most important aspect: preparation. You probably have lots of strong emotions about giving your daughter away. The key is to organize these thoughts into a short, clear and powerful speech. An outline can be really helpful for this and looking at father of the bride wedding speech examples will give you a good idea of how to approach the speech. Here is our father of the bride speech outline with mix and match examples.
• As the father of the bride, I want to thank for joining us in sharing the union of Jane and John.
• Ladies and gentlemen, it is with pleasure that I see you made it here today to join us in celebrating the marriage of Jane to John.
• I’d really like to thank John’s parents for helping us organize such a wonderful ceremony and lovely meal.
• Jane and John did a great job preparing for the wedding. If the outcome of their hard work is any sign of how their marriage will go, then it will be a beautiful union.
3: The bride
• When Jane told me of her engagement, I felt like I was losing my little girl. Looking at her here today, I know that she will always be my daughter who I love and cherish.
• Jane is many things in life- a (sister, student, secretary, philanthropist, etc). Of all of these, she has never been as beautiful as she is today as a bride.
4: Welcome the groom
• I never thought that a man would be good enough for my Jane. I am happy to say that John comes pretty close!
• I always worried about having to give away my daughter. Now that I have come to know John, I am sure that my daughter is in capable hands.
5: Advice/Comments about Marriage
• Marriage is about two people sharing their lives together- through the good and the bad. It takes hard work and lots of compromise. I know that Jane and John will persevere to make a beautiful union.
• To marry is a huge commitment which has ups and downs. I am proud that Jane and John decided to take the plunge together. I know they will not drown, but surface together strong.
• Ladies and gentlemen, please stand…I give you the bride and groom!
• Please raise your glasses. It is with honor that I give you the bride and groom.