Posts Tagged ‘Father Of The Bride Wedding Speech’
While reading sample father of the bride speeches, try to find which ones feel right for you. It isn’t just a matter of finding a sample speech which feels powerful, but finding a father of the bride speech which sums up your emotions. For men, these speeches can be really difficult because they tend to be so emotional. As we know, sentiment can be hard for most men to express- even if it is on your daughter’s wedding day. That is why humorous father of bride speeches go over so well. Here is a short sample father of bride speech to get your mind going.
“This is a very important moment for my bank account. I finally get to hand over my daughter’s spending habits to another man- and he is willing! It is a good thing his parents were willing too or else we wouldn’t have had such a nice ceremony and lovely meal. Seriously, thanks to Groom’s parents for helping with the wedding preparations.
I have dreamt of this moment for years, even though it sometimes felt more like a nightmare. Never did I imagine a guy could be good enough for my lovely daughter. I imagine that Bride also felt the same. If she is willing to suck down her standards, then I can too. Even though I had my doubts about Groom at first, he has proven himself a wonderful man and a true rare breed. I know that Bride and Groom will be happy together.
Getting married is a big commitment- usually joined by the bond of a mortgage. Over time, the mortgage shrinks and the marriage grows rich. Judging from the size of a mortgage that Bride and Groom have already taken out, they are on their way to a future wealthy in happiness.
Since I can see Uncle John over there eyeing his drink, I will cut it short. Let us stand and join to together in welcoming the new couple. Raise your drinks everyone. I give you…the bride and groom!”
If you are looking at father of the bride wedding speech examples, it is probably because you are at a loss for what you should say on the big day. The good news is, if you are reading this, then you are already working on the most important aspect: preparation. You probably have lots of strong emotions about giving your daughter away. The key is to organize these thoughts into a short, clear and powerful speech. An outline can be really helpful for this and looking at father of the bride wedding speech examples will give you a good idea of how to approach the speech. Here is our father of the bride speech outline with mix and match examples.
• As the father of the bride, I want to thank for joining us in sharing the union of Jane and John.
• Ladies and gentlemen, it is with pleasure that I see you made it here today to join us in celebrating the marriage of Jane to John.
• I’d really like to thank John’s parents for helping us organize such a wonderful ceremony and lovely meal.
• Jane and John did a great job preparing for the wedding. If the outcome of their hard work is any sign of how their marriage will go, then it will be a beautiful union.
3: The bride
• When Jane told me of her engagement, I felt like I was losing my little girl. Looking at her here today, I know that she will always be my daughter who I love and cherish.
• Jane is many things in life- a (sister, student, secretary, philanthropist, etc). Of all of these, she has never been as beautiful as she is today as a bride.
4: Welcome the groom
• I never thought that a man would be good enough for my Jane. I am happy to say that John comes pretty close!
• I always worried about having to give away my daughter. Now that I have come to know John, I am sure that my daughter is in capable hands.
5: Advice/Comments about Marriage
• Marriage is about two people sharing their lives together- through the good and the bad. It takes hard work and lots of compromise. I know that Jane and John will persevere to make a beautiful union.
• To marry is a huge commitment which has ups and downs. I am proud that Jane and John decided to take the plunge together. I know they will not drown, but surface together strong.
• Ladies and gentlemen, please stand…I give you the bride and groom!
• Please raise your glasses. It is with honor that I give you the bride and groom.